A staple of the Aurora community since its move here from Toronto in 1926, St. Andrew’s College has grown in scope and size in much the same way as the town has.
Shown here is the program from the November 24, 1962 opening ceremony of two new buildings, each being dedicated to a prior headmasters, Drs. D. Bruce MacDonald, and Kenneth G.B. Ketchum. (81.44.4) The Great Hall, constructed in honour of Dr. MacDonald and his family, was primarily a dining hall but also contained teacher residences and a barber shop. The Ketchum Auditorium was part of a substantial new wing that also included a basement rifle range for use by the cadets.